Recently I've been reading the book It's Kind of a funny story by Ned Vizzini. I've gotten about 2/5 done but it's pretty amazing. It's about a 15 year kid you is clinically depressed. I think that he just has no way to cope. It's to hard for him. That's why I think some people are sad and negative, because they have no way to cope with their hard life's.
He has nothing to connect him positively to the world. I feel my way to cope is humor. Some people say I joke around too much but I think that's how I connect to people and things. It seems that Craig, the main character, has no way to connect to the world. How can people live like that? It always gets me. They have to take pills or something else to feel better.
In the book he takes Zoloft to help himself feel better. His happiness went on and off. That's kind of how I feel sometimes, if I'm having a really bad day I sometimes feel sick like Craig does when he doesn't feel good. But when he has a good day he feels confident about life and about himself that's how I feel usually but I wish I could feel like that all the time. I wish everyone can feel that good all the time. Then i think the world would not be at war. We'd have no fights, conflicts or just general aggression.
I think that people feel that way because there's nothing to connecting them to our world. We just should just hold ourselves up and not get stressed. We need to know how to cope.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteTyler,
ReplyDeleteYou did a great job applying what we learned in class: coming up with a theory, elaborating with evidence from the book, connecting your theory with personal experience and structuring your post! Well done!
I agree that you did a great job of the 3 things we learn. Also i liked how you connected to yourself.
ReplyDeletei like how you compared your way and his way to interprit his life
ReplyDelete