Monday, November 15, 2010

Books,Their history, And history itself

Ive recently finished The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan. Its a follow up series to Percy Jackson and while I feel nothing really can compare to Percy Jackson this was pretty good. At times its a little dry but once you get through those parts it was pretty interesting. I've always love the style rick Riordan writes, how he combines history and modern day technology. hes so clever in his writing style.
                    Before this he wrote a book called The Red Pyramid and i thought it was pretty good. I think looking into history is a great way to express reading and writing. I don't know what it is about history but I find it really interesting. combine that with my love of reading and, well, I love reading historical books. throughout his books he's written all of his children's books on ancient civilizations and their culture/mythology. More specifically I like mythology in history and the way he elaborates and comments through his books how old habits and customs are different but similar in the same ways.

3 comments:

  1. Tyler,

    Just when I was getting into your post, it was over! I was really enjoying the connections you were making with The Lost Hero and The Red Pyramid and history and I wish you could've elaborated more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agree with Ms. Frondoza! I bet you have some seriously deep thoughts!! Type them out for us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i never thought about how history and technology meet in this book, nice thinking

    ReplyDelete