Happyface. An amazing book. all though I'm not finished with it I love it. I find it really connects to Diary of a wimpy kid and The absolutely true diary of a part time Indian in the sense that it adds drawings to the story to give you a sense of whats really going on.in the sketches your never able to see his face, its covered by a mask of a Happyface which is really thought provoking because the point of the book is to make a new face for himself metaphorically.
This is a great book because its about him moving to a new school and becoming popular. which really got me thinking, what really defines our popularity in school, how many friends we have? how good our grades are? how good we are in sports?
You might be thinking right now just be yourself. You might believe in that, I don't. I guess there might just be in all of us a Happyface.
i want to hear more! unpack this a little bit: "the point of the book is to make a new face for himself metaphorically." what does that mean in light of the book and what is the author trying to reveal to the reader about people?
ReplyDeleteTyler,
ReplyDeleteI'm intrigued by this book. I want to hear more about your thoughts on it!